+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5
1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: ieplexus

1. ieplexus

Hello:

I was contacted by a company called ieplexus. They set up blogs on websites to increase rankings in search engines.

Has anyone heard about them, and if so, are they a reputable company?

Thanks

2. My rule is .. if they have to CALL ME, SOLICIT ME, I just say no!

Karen

3. Ieplexis - not affiliated with StoresOnline

I have heard of Ieplexis and know several people who have had them set up a blog for them. My concern is that they often try to give the impression that they are affiliated with StoresOnline. They do set up Wordpress blogs but are not associated with StoresOnline in anyway.

Ieplexis does not know the StoresOnline builder and has not previously integrated the blog into those web sites. In order for a blog to help your site you need to have it link to your site or pull the content into your site so it appears a fresh content when you makes posts.

If you have had Ieplexis build a blog for you or have created one yourself, you may want to create a blog page and embed it in the page using an External element. When you add in the element on your page simply reference your blog URL in the element, then check the box next to the word embeded and that will pull the blog into your page so that it looks like it is part of your website itself.

If you use a commercial blog such as Wordpress.com or Blogger.com just be aware that your blog can be shut down. If you create a blog using Wordpress.org code on your own hosting site you don't run that same risk. I recommend the latter for the safety of your blog since I have spoken with people who have had their blog shutdown for no known reason.

A blog can be a great way to help get attention to your web site if you make regular posts to it. You don't need to hire Ieplexis to create it for you, you can do that yourself pretty easily. If it is set up right, your blog will ping Google and Technorati immediately after you make a post. I have had posts indexed in Google within 4 minutes after posting to my blog.

Good luck,

4. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Blog Entries

Karl,
    Do you work for SOL? How can you state unequivocably whether they are or are not affiliated? Can you name or show any blog by anyone you know who used them? As they are not well known - I have trouble accepting the statement that you know several people who used them - unless, again, you have an association with SOL that you aren't mentioning - and therefore are also associated with Ieplexis.

As to indexing your site, the se's don't index your blog every 4 minutes - so that would have been luck. They do follow links - whether here on on a blog - IF the blog doesn't have nofollow (which many do now by default).

Forgive my negativism - but your post has sent the hackles up my back.
    Last edited by Bethers; 22nd Feb 2008 at 12:34 PM.
    Beth

Once your reputation is ruined, you can live life quite freely. (German saying)

Kids Theme Bedding and Bedroom Decor
    Pinatas and Mini Pinatas

Check out a great web hosting solution/alternative.

If you like to travel, follow me on my blog: On the Road with Beth

5. The ping or UPDATE was probably accomplished within 4 minutes for the RSS feed. I seriously doubt you are important enough to google to index withing 4 minutes, unless as Beth said, they were already there spidering by chance.

Karen

6. They had called me last week also. I really didn't have time to talk so asked them to call back another time.

7. SE ping and index

Beth

I have worked with a couple of people who were contacted by ieplexis and I did my research. I do not work for SOL.

As for the search engines visiting your site every 4 minutes, you're right, they don't. However if your blog is set-up correctly it will ping both Google and Technorati when a new post is added and they will visit it and look at the new information. I was only saying that I had seen my entries indexed as quickly as 4 minutes after making a post. You can also visit Technorati and manually let them know you have added new content and they will visit it.

This isn't quite at the 4 minute mark but here is a snapshot I captured for my client, link omitted of course.

Vitario, by Spaldin, a Spanish Sleep systems Company, makes the news with its introduction of the revolutionary custom mattress and ...
    xxxxxxxxxxxxxx.com/sleep-technology/vitario-mattress-sleep-technology-makes-the-news-23/ - 2 hours ago -

even at two hours that's still very good. I did view it at the 4 minute mark however.

this if from the technorati ping page
    ----------------
    Ping Us

Updated your site recently? Let us know! Just enter the URL of your blog home page below to get into the Technorati high-priority indexing queue.

URL (enter url here in a form box)
    Automatic Ping

You can set your blog software up to ping Technorati automatically by entering......
    ----------------

I'm just explaining what I've seen and why I recommend a blog for web sites.

Karl

Quote Originally Posted by Bethers View Post
    Karl,
    Do you work for SOL? How can you state unequivocably whether they are or are not affiliated? Can you name or show any blog by anyone you know who used them? As they are not well known - I have trouble accepting the statement that you know several people who used them - unless, again, you have an association with SOL that you aren't mentioning - and therefore are also associated with Ieplexis.

As to indexing your site, the se's don't index your blog every 4 minutes - so that would have been luck. They do follow links - whether here on on a blog - IF the blog doesn't have nofollow (which many do now by default).

Forgive my negativism - but your post has sent the hackles up my back.

8. We have also gotten a call from IePlexus. I talked to a rep for over an hour. He wasn't pushy. He was very nice and just pointing out to me why they are (or believe to be) the best. I did take a lot of information they gave us and did a lot of research. We are pretty cheap and we try to do whatever we can on our own. I haven't done any research on the company as far as checking the BBB or RipOffReport.
    Nathan & Rikki Winters
    www.allinonedesktops.com

9. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Blog Entries

Remember, the rule of thumb is that the business that calls YOU is not worth your time - the good and legit companies in these fields do NOT use telemarketers. And these folks who have an hour or more to spend on the phone with you will claim they aren't a telemarketer - don't be fooled.

Another interesting thing - I can't remember the name of one of the other companies that calls - that is also based out of that same city in Washington. The website for IePlexus has NO rank. While I tell our people here not to worry about rank - if they've been around awhile and don't know how to get their own website up in searches and rankings - how are they going to help you?
    Beth

Once your reputation is ruined, you can live life quite freely. (German saying)

Kids Theme Bedding and Bedroom Decor
    Pinatas and Mini Pinatas

Check out a great web hosting solution/alternative.

If you like to travel, follow me on my blog: On the Road with Beth

10. I also received a call, not from this business, rather about them. It's only hear say, but the person who called me said that ieplexus is really the new name of another company who has been scamming stores online customers for awhile. He told me that they are really internet advancements new company.

He got into more details that I didn't really grasp, and his information didn't make me feel good about signing up with him, but thought it was interesting to hear how these businesses shut down and open up under other names. He did show me how similar the mailing address is to the old company address.

He said it was because they can't sell certain services under the old name that they can under a new one.

+ Reply to Thread